Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars 19.01.2014

catman161

Not a very good Mars unfortunately but at least it was clear enough to motivate me to setup, it's been over a month!

I was plagued with pointing accuracy problems because I rushed setting up and my PA wasn't actually polar as it turned out so I took everything off and polar aligned properly then goto via CdC was fine. Also it was the first time last night that I used my wireless Xbox 360 controller to control the mount which worked well and was much easier than messing with the N, E, S, W keys on EQmod so I was pleased with that :)

Anyway the conditions were not good seeing-wise, the point at which you could say "thats probably in focus" to the point of the planet almost completely disapearing into a massive blurry blob was miniscule.

So below is: Best 50 % of 3500 frames with following equipment: SW 200P, Belt Driven NEQ 6 Pro, ASI120MC, Televue 4x Powermate. Put through PIPP, stacked with AS!2, wavelets in Registax, levels and sharpening in PSCS2.

As always comments/advice welcomed :)

14197934826_8bf43ff102_o.png
Mars 18_05_2014 23_22_20PSP by Gattouomo161, on Flickr

You've still managed some nice detail in there despite the seeing conditions Felix, plus Mars is getting smaller now. Well done.

Pete

Thanks Pete :) yeah it is looking smaller and smaller. I need to stay up late and have a crack at Saturn before it's too late :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you've done well all things considered. Did you do an RGB colour balance in Registax?

Regards

Harvey

Cheers Harvey. I balanced the colours in Photoshop as when I tried using the colour balance in registax all sorts of oddness happened where all the colour washed out or no matter what I did one colour fringe overpowered another.

Nicely detailed image Felix!

'Blurry blob' seeing seems to be the norm these days. :sad:

Angie

Cheers Angie, yeah Mars is definitely last it's best :( Saturn doesn't clear the trees in my neighbours garden until it's neat light too so I am unsure if I'll get a crack at that this year either :(

Archived