Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Neck pod

Mark-V

Sorry if this is a stupid question but does the tripod mount simply screw into the bottom of the  canon is binoculars (haven't got a pair of these yet but hoping to in the next week or so and wondering if I need to get any sort of tripod adapter  as well )

Mark

Sorry if this is a stupid question but does the tripod mount simply screw into the bottom of the canon is binoculars (haven't got a pair of these yet but hoping to in the next week or so and wondering if I need to get any sort of tripod adapter as well )

Mark

Not stupid at all. The neck pod has a small quick release adaptor plate which screws straight onto the bottom of the binos, this then clicks straight into the pod

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the "Konig" branded one;  I think it's the same as recommended by Stu.   This works perfectly well  - you don't need to spend more.

Alan

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=konig+neck+tripod&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=28908303420&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4977286342496088007&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_67i4kneus5_e

In my defense Oll....I mean 'Sir', I did use the term 'pod' correctly in this case :-).

Do I avoid a detention this week? ;-)

In my defense Oll....I mean 'Sir', I did use the term 'pod' correctly in this case :-).

Do I avoid a detention this week? ;-)

No 'Sirs' at the school at which I taught. FIrst names all the way. When a parent asked the Head how teachers could get kids to do as they were told if known by their Christian names he replied (rather wittily, I thought)  'Well... my wife calls me Tom.'  Once a lad I taught jokingly said he wanted to call me something more respectful than 'Olly' so I suggested 'Sir Olly Baby' and this he duly called me, without fail, for the next three years.

Really it was the ads in the links that surprised me since vendors need to be careful in their descriptions, I'd have thought. I mean, a one legged tripod?

Olly

Very curious use of the term 'tripod' here, though. Neck monopod would seem better to me! (Reminds me of quad bikes etc...  :grin: )

Olly

Sorry, once an English teacher, always an... etc.

Well, if we're being pedantic (I'm also a former pedagogue):

#1 7-Day shop advertises them, accurately, as "Chest and neck supports" in the title and less so as  "Neck-pods" in the blurb. It never calls them "Neck tripods".

#2 "Neck monopod" would also be inaccurate, given that "-pod" = "foot" and the "foot" of the "chest and neck support" rests on the sternum.

I give you the...

ta-daaaa

Neck-slung Sternopod

(As an aside, it's one of the things I take along to my "Binocular Astronomy" talks  - nothing like a bit of "hands on"  to dilute the tedium of my voice - and several women have told me that they find it very uncomfortable to use; ladies, please take note.)

Well, if we're being pedantic (I'm also a former pedagogue):

#1 7-Day shop advertises them, accurately, as "Chest and neck supports" in the title and less so as  "Neck-pods" in the blurb. It never calls them "Neck tripods".

#2 "Neck monopod" would also be inaccurate, given that "-pod" = "foot" and the "foot" of the "chest and neck support" rests on the sternum.

I give you the...

ta-daaaa

Neck-slung Sternopod

Just watch what you're doing with that. One little slip and it becomes a Neck-Slung Gastropod ... quite a sticky situation. 

And I stand amused by your Neck Slung Sternopod though I'm resisting the temptation to ask the ladies to enlarge, so to speak, on its shortcomings...

I was giving the talk at the BNSS yesterday where a lady, having had a play with it, offered her advice: just shorten the neck-strap so that the base of the "pod" rests nearer the top of the sternum.

Archived