NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

fixing a dew shield to my scope.

I've finally got round to getting a camping mat to make into a dew shield.

I'm just wondering how you all attach your shields to your scopes?

I could use parcel tape, but I really don't like the idea of sticking it to the scope as that could leave marks on it?

Thanks.

D.C

I used to make sure mine was tight. then it would hold itself to the scope in all but very strong wind.  Failing that you could join several large jubilee clips together and gently tighten that around it to fix it in place.

Cheers

Ross

I used sticky back Velcro or hook and loop from eBay,very cheap.Just run a length along the edge of mat and then overlap it when fastening so it's a tight fit over the ota.It will then stay in place

I used sticky back Velcro or hook and loop from eBay,very cheap.Just run a length along the edge of mat and then overlap it when fastening so it's a tight fit over the ota.It will then stay in place

I did something very similar. I just slide mine over the outside.  I used this, very cheap and very light roll, so it does not have to be too rigidly attached and doesn't affect balance of the scope.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007551S9A/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Put some velcro on the shield to wrap it around to form a cylinder, then I just slide it on the outside of the OTA so it just touches the spider thumb screws on the outside of the OTA. I even had it out with quite  bit of wind thinking it would move not long ago, but it was nice and stable, sure stronger winds it would blow off, but in that case I'd probably not be observing anyway. :smiley:

Archived