Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Photoshop or insanity?

Doesn't look like it has enough counter balance weight, wouldn't like to aim it any higher.

Someone likes WO scopes it would seem.

Was the first thing that came to mind. If this is for real and not a Photoshop fake, it's severely unbalanced. Wouldn't want to risk a fortune on Scopes like that! :eek:

I think he might have just rigged it together for the Picture and then dissassembled it again to a more sane setup again.

Would definitely not risk losen the clutches on that thing With all those Scopes! LOL!

EDIT:

Analyzing the Picture. It seems the large Scope there is the WO FLT 132 clocking alone already at 13,5 kg for the OTA.

Then the FLT 110 ticking at 5,3 kg for the OTA. The the 81 and 72 and two 66 and possibly another two or so 80ish size all the way in the back.

With all the EP's, finders, accesories and cameras.... it looks all together easily clocking towards 40+ kg.  Those Counter balances look like 3 times 5kg or so. Together With the steel shaft make up a total of around 20 kg tops.

All that for a DSLR? Get serious!  :grin:  Full frame CCDs a go-go!!!

Tandem-XL.jpg

Olly

You still need another one Olly :evil:.

Think about it, RGB imaging simultaneously - almost like using an OSC with all the benefits of Mono :D.

You still need another one Olly :evil:.

Think about it, RGB imaging simultaneously - almost like using an OSC with all the benefits of Mono :D.

Actually another two, one for luminance.......and more for narrow band- a multi spectral array!

There is the small problem of finding time in the day to crunch the data though. Seriously, even with only two

it takes a while...

Olly

Pah, we get the entire Sloan Digital Sky Survey to process and we do not complain. And that is just ONE of the data sets. We are gunning for the entire land surface of earth at 1m2 resolution (150 terapixel) in a week. :D

• 2 years later...

Ok. Not really sure how this setup got started. Wait. Now I remember. I had seen a picture with 4 scopes and thought I could do better. There are 3 owners scopes on my mount. The plan was to align all scopes and then hope that something could be aimed at in the shown position, as that was it's best balance. All mount locks were checked and double checked. But shortly after we had finished setup and pictures, it started snowing. Never came close to having all those scopes together again.

Now you know, the rest of the story...........

DSCF0001.JPG

Archived