Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M101 and Leo Triplet

Dave_D

Really not too happy with these from last night but considering the nightmare i'm having with my mount not holding polar alignment  and guiding problems that i think are down to flexure as i'm getting oblong stars even with a good flatish trace.

Anyway... could be better, could be worse...

leo_triplet_a_zpsbd7b84f0.png

m101_zpsbc6089a3.png

Have you noticed the vertical banding on the shots? Have you tried flats to see if they address that issue? Looks like solid data, both images just look a little blue bia

y'know, it's funny you mention the blue bias... was having a 'heated' discussion, ok, a full on arguement with my ex about the colour of the paint i was doing her kitchen in. she was saying it was a lot more blue, but i was seeing it as green(ish). i wonder if i'm not seeing blue as strongly? and am overcompensating.

Hi Dave,

I like them, your stars are much rounder and tighter than what I am getting with my Quattro 8s, It is just so difficult to collimate this scope. I guess the problem with PA appears to be endimic to south Manchester as well as the ever present moisture and clouds.  :embarrassed:

Regards,

A.G

y'know, it's funny you mention the blue bias... was having a 'heated' discussion, ok, a full on arguement with my ex about the colour of the paint i was doing her kitchen in. she was saying it was a lot more blue, but i was seeing it as green(ish). i wonder if i'm not seeing blue as strongly? and am overcompensating.

What does your histogram look like? That should tell you all you need to know :smiley:

Hi Dave,

I like them, your stars are much rounder and tighter than what I am getting with my Quattro 8s, It is just so difficult to collimate this scope. I guess the problem with PA appears to be endimic to south Manchester as well as the ever present moisture and clouds.  :embarrassed:

Regards,

A.G

I just know i'm not getting what this scope should deliver, mostly because the mount has problems with its alt bolts not holding. I took the head off earlier and the push lug is badly grooved and feels like it's allowing the PA to slop about. It's a very old mount and seems to have taken a pounding during it's life and i'm (according to the guy i bought it off,) not even the second or third owner. I'm looking in to fixing a couple of steel plates to where the az bolts make contact but i'm lacking the materials and finances to do it. Just wish i could afford a more robust mount but that won't happen for the forseeable future. Still, i got a spare kidney if anyone wants to trade for an AZ EQ6-GT :D

Archived