NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars 15th April

yes very nice

Elm0 i'd say its a stack, you don't get images like that from one frame

the way the conditions have been recently, you have not been getting images like that from a stack either :eek:

that are very nice images though with a decent amount of detail showing and the seeing was pretty good last night for a change!

Yes. Last night was the first time I've ever seen decent detail visually. Funny though, the weather seemed identical to the previous two nights. Just goes to show.

I nearly sold the 5x Barlow a couple of weeks ago as I've never had good results with it previously!

Still got a couple of vids to process, but I think the seeing started to deteriorate later on.

I use PIPP to centre and crop (saves processing time later on) and the beta version of Autostakkert. It is much easier to use than Registax and gets similar results.

http://www.autostakkert.com/wp/beta-version/

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Nice images. Ditto for PIPP, but I've struggled with AS, perhaps I'll try the beta.

I thought AK was a video frame stacker but can you upload single raw files and stack them?

I got lots of moon shots on my dslr so would be good to stack those. I've got AK already and used many a time for vids.

I thought AK was a video frame stacker but can you upload single raw files and stack them?

I got lots of moon shots on my dslr so would be good to stack those. I've got AK already and used many a time for vids.

Yes you can. See my Moon thread ;)http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/214175-moon-15th-april/

I couldn't get it to handle my full res 18MP frames at first, but someone gave me a tip to convert the sequence to TIF first with PIPP. It works great. So I now have a full res image you can zoom in on like you're landing on the Moon :)

Archived