NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

astro clubs

Hi guys,

Does any one know of any astro clubs in the central belt of scotland, new to this and looking for a club/ locations to take kit out, and seek knowledge, advice and likeminded people.

Hi mark, just found one called central scotland observing group, their web page is csog, have a look and see they do meets etc will have a look myself and hopfully tie up with them, good luck may see you at some event some night.

Edinburgh have their own Astro society at Calton Hill. There is Airdrie Astronomical Association, the Astronomical society of Glasgow, Falkirk Astro, Ayrshire Astro based in Ayr, Renfrewshire Astro based in Paisley, Dalgety Bay Astro and Clydesdale Astro based near Carluke.

As mentioned above, check out CSOG, a forum based group of local observers / imagers who meet at various dark sites in the Central Belt, the meetings are usually at short notice - dependant on the weather of course!!!

Your more than welcome to come along to any sessions that get arranged, here's the link to the forum, or just google CSOG

http://scottishastronomers.com/forum/index.php

Hope this helps,

L.

Is there a topic dealing with local clubs on here?  Tried doing a search  but no joy...  I'd love to meet up with a local group down here in sunny Devon!

Check out the Community Section - Social groups. Theres a Devon/ Cornwall section there that might point you in the right direction for some local meets etc :)

Hi folks,

Like Lorne I'm also a member of CSOG - it's a really good mix of beginners and more experienced observers/imagers and well worth joining especially if you are just starting out. Anyone is welcome to come along to the observing sessions, there are no costs involved and everyone is really friendly.  :smiley:

Cheers

Steve

Is there a topic dealing with local clubs on here?  Tried doing a search  but no joy...  I'd love to meet up with a local group down here in sunny Devon!

The link above to Fedastro gives all (?) the UK bsed astronomy clubs so click on it ahd scroll down to Devon.

THey list 6 but I think some have gone and one may ahve changed names.

The obvious ones for Exeter are NLO at Sidmouth and Torbay AS.

Archived