Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Case required - Celestron 130SLT

Apologies in advance for any repetition in posts however I'd like to know what most people do, in terms of transit of their telescope?

After attempting to obtain a case from a couple of places (flightcasewarehouse.co.uk wanted £200 for a custom case!), I'm resigning to the fact that maybe asking a joiner to build me something appropriate, is my last chance.

What are peoples thoughts on cases?

Does anyone know of anything or anywhere that may help me out?

Again, apologies if this is repeated.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

Buy a preowned case from flight case warehouse, but also get some of the foam as well. It's easy to cut to shape and arrange your layout - it's what I did with mine. Case only cost me around £30 plus the hour each way to check my scope would fit. Give them a call!

• 3 weeks later...

Once upon a time, I did actually measure out the scope, when I was attempting to get a custom case built, which, was absolutely extortionate.

Found the dimensions, obviously with room for comfort.

Length - around 65cm.

Width - about 25cm.

What do people do with the Tripods? Oi oi. Essentially, I want the case to contain everything however I'm residing to the fact, this isn't practical and most people only case the OTA, right? 

Cheers guys.

Yes it's not practical to put it all in one box, a guy at our Observatory did that and ended up with a box the size of a coffin!

Have a look in the DIY Astronomy section on this forum I've just posted on a thread about boxes. Here's one I prepared earlier! Size is 750x300x250mm

post-11141-0-47984200-1405285323_thumb.j

I can't understand why my pics appear upside down even after rotating them!

Archived