Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1st try at Leo Triplet

This is my first attempt at the Leo Triplet.  30 minutes of data 1600 ISO shortest expo was 30 sec longest was 7 minutes.  Shot under quarter moon.  Only processed using photoshop at this point still waiting to pay for pixinsight. 

post-34263-0-64607700-1396922075_thumb.p

I love my vx mount.  Even with this big scope it still does well.  When I fit the SCT onto it it never budges, I just like the big scope better.  Small F ratio makes for shorter exposures and I can get more of them. 

These images were guided.  I had a problem with colors in this particular stack of images.  I seem to be getting a lot of blue for some reason.   DSS gave me fits with this one for some reason, but I also played around with a lot of different settings.   Sorry about the poor gradient removal but that's all i could get with photoshop.  For me Pixinsight cost 267.00 USD, wow.  ill have to wait a bit longer ,lol.  Oh well, ill have lots of data to revisit.

This was the first image I actually used a star mask and and inverted layer mask to mask the background while I cranked up the galaxies which is why I think they are bit blown out, but it was a good first for a few things to try.

Archived