SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Busy sun this morning, 5th April

lukebl

Saturday morning, 5th April. The sun is looking mighty impressive this morning. Loads of big prominences, very active compared to the last couple of days. Giving my TAL 100/PST mod an outing, and the views are pretty good.

Get out there now!

I agree Luke I just benefitted from a quick break in the clouds :laugh:

There are to huge sunspots centre-ish and some nice little clumps of spots. The surface detail is excellent once again.

A lovely huge prom, west side of the disc when looking through the scope.

Its a pity the pesky clouds wont go as this would be a pretty spectacular day

Think that clear patch has moved to us.

Dodging little clumps of cloud here.

That prom between 7 and 8 o'clock is pretty amazing - so flat, almost detached. Lots of wispy proms to the east.

Lovely activity in the centre.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just spotted the action through an unexpected break in the clouds. The prom on the southwestern limb is very bright, on the east loads of proms can be seen. The southernmost of these is huge, like a twisted column of pale fire. The northernmost is a complex of intertwined arcs of much higher surface brightness. The surface is dotted with ARs, and a couple of big ones seem to be lurking beyond the eastern limb, given the proms there.

Spent most of the afternoon sat outside today watching it develop.

Those Eastern proms have been constantly changing. The bottom one is huge, but very faint and wispy, it extends a heck of a way out. The Northern one has been developing and started for me looking like a hook, rolling back over on itself.

I think I counted about six filaments on the disk and that southwestern prom has been awesome to view today.

I really gave the Leica ASPH a good run out on it today and it is pretty spectacular.

That, a few cold beers, a complete Munster dominance in the Heineken cup and what seems to be the weirdest party going on my neighbourhood. It must be an official one, it's so loud, but the music has ranged from soul to disco to traditional Dutch sing-a-long and electronic dance music. Very weird...

Time for the scope to be put to bed and prepare to cheer on Ulster...

Archived