Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

thought i would give it a go

toxic

The Go away cloud Shedservatory on a low budget 6x4 shed from B&Q then chopped it up and ended up with the mk1 tilting roof.

post-12098-0-71085500-1395785397_thumb.j

then had a change because of the wind and the new street light the new improved MK2 shedservatory.

post-12098-0-89908500-1395785545_thumb.j

the pier is a railway sleeper 10 x 8 inch thick and 12 foot long.

thanks wyvern and iam4208 i dont think lp could be much worse with 1 street light rite next to the obsy and 4 more shining into the garden from across  the road for some reason vandls dont smash our street lights.

I feel your pain Toxic. I thought I had it bad in my garden with 3 sodium lights bearing down on me then the council decided to replace them with 30' LED stadium lights. The white light is so piercing and the extra height means there is simply no escaping the glare. I'm sure you have noticed a great improvement using a dome to shield you from the lights and wind though.

I feel your pain Toxic. I thought I had it bad in my garden with 3 sodium lights bearing down on me then the council decided to replace them with 30' LED stadium lights. The white light is so piercing and the extra height means there is simply no escaping the glare. I'm sure you have noticed a great improvement using a dome to shield you from the lights and wind though.

same here spaceboy they have changed the street lights across the road from me to led they give of a lot of white light and when you have a little bit of mist they glow every where but when its clear and no mist then you can see a lot more above the led lights and no orange glow so i think they are better but early days yet i must hope they dont replace the one next to my obsy to led or i will have to invest in some more mat black paint and see if i can splash it on to the streetlight lol.

THAT is a very unfortunate place for a street light. :-/

aint that the truth yesyes, i see by your sig you use a 10 inch newt on a cg5 gt does the mount cope with the weight i thought i was pushing it with my 200pds on the cg5 gt so there is hope for with you using a 10 inch scope

hmmm, I should update my signature... ;-)

I did use the 10" on the CG5 for a while and it was OK. The SPX250 is quite light for its size though. I think it's because of the pyrex mirror.

I have upgraded to a HEQ5 recently but not yet used that combination.

Nice build.  It is a shame about the proximity of the street light - I wonder if you could get the council to fit some kind of shield to reduce the glare in your direction?

thanks guys i have a shield sort of its a ply-flag that i used to lift into a bracket on the back of the big shed but since i have changed the roof it dos not seem to  be needed unless i am pointing in the direction of the street light.

Archived