NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astrotortilla Workshop?

michaelmorris

Idea for a workshop - Astrotortilla Software

I've been trying to get to grips with Astrotortilla, but have yet to get it work properly.  Is anyone interested in running a small workshop to explain to us mere mortals how to get the b*****y thing to work?

I've got it working pretty well with a variety of cameras on my 80ED and I can get it to solve off a saved sub back tot he target.

Quite happy to sit down and help out (if I can). If all else fails you can just copy my settings which work on my 314 size chip up to the DSLR sized chip in the QHY8.

I use it with Nebulosity, I didn't particularly mess about with any of the settings, it just works at finding the image centre. I haven't managed to get it to shift the telescope with ASCOM though, I think that may be because I am controlling the scope with CdC via ASCOM, so I just move manually to get to the exact RA-DEC. So I don't feel qualified to give advice so much as encouragement.

Archived