Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Taking the telescope out in the next hour - what to look at?

The double cluster in Perseus is always nice, the Pleiades in Taurus is stunning visually though any scope.

There is a transit and double shadow transit on Jupiter.

Mars is rising in the SE in about 30 minutes.

Cheers

Ant

Well have another look at Jupiter now! There is a double shadow transit between 20.26 and 21.24, with shadows of Ganymede and Io both visible at the same time.

You could have a look for the Double Cluster and M45, probably better than trying galaxies with the moon around.

Stu

Edit SNAP Ant, must type faster! :-)

If you stick with Jupiter for a while you will see the double transit. I have been watching the first transit fot the last couple of hours,

during which time I have also seen the Great Red Spot. Pretty awesome

I just stared at M45 with my binos with some help of Stellarium, they're pretty bright today. Although I couldn't see them with the naked eyes, but that's cause my eyes aren't that good.

To bad my binos aren't good enough to see the double transit, have to wait till I've saved for a proper scope.

Archived