NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M101

If it is not clouds it's the Moon, still practice makes perfect, hopefully sooner than later.

Bright sky last night so did'nt expect to much, had a go at M101.

Left the 60Da doing 600sec subs at 400 ISO while I messed about doing other things.

Setup as my sig.

In the end 26x600secs@ISO400 with 36xbias and 42xdarks, no flats.

Processed in ImagesPlus but still trying to workout how things work.

m101.jpg

If it is not clouds it's the Moon, still practice makes perfect, hopefully sooner than later.

Bright sky last night so did'nt expect to much, had a go at M101.

Left the 60Da doing 600sec subs at 400 ISO while I messed about doing other things.

Setup as my sig.

In the end 26x600secs@ISO400 with 36xbias and 42xdarks, no flats.

Processed in ImagesPlus but still trying to workout how things work.

m101.jpg

Nice image. 

How do you find imagesplus is it relatively easy to use?

Nice image. 

How do you find imagesplus is it relatively easy to use?

It seems easy to use, wether I'm using it correctly is a different matter. :grin:

I'm happy so far, this is my first real try with it , just need to get the workflow right.

Very nice! My data for M101 is sitting neatly tucked away on my laptop. Although I'm guessing not an awful lot is on there. I'm jealous of you 600s!! Can't get passed 300s atm. Very annoying....

Really good image; as you say it is either clouds or The Moon!!  And, I`ve got a few days off work; AND it`s clear skies; AND I still can`t do anything!! Another mediocre picture of the Moon, ten minutes good viewing of M103 and I went back indoors....In future I will have to make sure I book my `days off` around the cycles of the Moon!! 

post-33714-0-07954200-1394444744_thumb.j

Very nice! My data for M101 is sitting neatly tucked away on my laptop. Although I'm guessing not an awful lot is on there. I'm jealous of you 600s!! Can't get passed 300s atm. Very annoying....

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Yes 600secs seems good with my setup, it has done 900secs with no real dodgy stars and

last night I tried 1200secs but the stars were obviously egg shaped, will investigate that some when.

With my sky brightness I would think 600 is about right, it has to be quite dark for 900, which it hardly ever is.

I did do some 300secs of M101, there appeared to be quite a bit of info in them but I did'nt process them.

Really good image; as you say it is either clouds or The Moon!!  And, I`ve got a few days off work; AND it`s clear skies; AND I still can`t do anything!! Another mediocre picture of the Moon, ten minutes good viewing of M103 and I went back indoors....In future I will have to make sure I book my `days off` around the cycles of the Moon!! 

Sods Law regards clear skies.

Now I try to grab anytime available to do deepsky, as I want the practice.

Got to the stage where I'm happy to leave the obsy with everything running.

I might try and get a bit more out of the image but there is a huge gradient in it and I did'nt

do any flats....ImagesPlus did remove a fair bit of the grad, pleased how that works.

I don't mind imaging the Moon but now everything on my rig is set for dso I hate to touch it.

All I do now is plug the Canon onto the reducer, find my target and run PHD and image.

Anyway....nice Moon shot, think it's best when around half full.

Really nice image there _ Thanks for posting..

Feel myself getting drawn to imaging..

Going to count my pennies  :smiley:  :smiley:  :smiley:  :shocked:

Ade

Thanks...........No don't do it...... :grin: :grin:

I doubled my woes as I got back into photography just before I got into AP.

Did not know that amateur AP had progressed so far, amazing but not for the old wallet. :grin:

Archived