SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

registax.......issues

wavydavy

Can anyone help.........ive been taking videos of Jupiter lately and some are quiet good, others have an issue, where after I align and stack the image, once I go to the wavelets, and sharpen the image im getting a halo around the inner edge of the planet, like a defect, possible its just in the processing, but maybe not........any ideas? Will try and post a pic of what I mean real soon.........

Its onion ringing, generally caused by recording the avi when the gain is too low. You need to have the histogram about 3/4s along the scale.

I'm in agreement with this.  There are multiple rings inside the edge of the image.  Sometimes you can get a single ring around the outside which might be indicative of too high a gain but I don't believe that to be the case here.

James

Have you align any of your pictures in your movie frame? There should be a lot of align points to start with to do a correct align. Then you can continue post processing.

Describe your way that you process your image.

I've never had much success stacking images in Registax, run your images through PIPP first then Autostakkert2 and finish off in Registax.

Works well for me.

Archived