Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I actually got to do some astronomy!!!!

Helen

It seems to have been ages since I've been able to do anything.... but today has been good! Got the PST out for the first time since about November :shock: and got to see some nice filaments and a group of sunspots :D :D :lol: Also got the ZS66 with the baader film on and that showed the sunspot grouping very nicely (between clouds, but hey!). Cheered me up no end!! If only it would be clear tonight I might get to play with another scope too, but the weather forecast says it'll be raining by then :D

Helen

thanks for the tip Dave - I've got an atik IR blocker which I'll try next time. I'd love to get some images, but to date I've failed :lol: ALt Az was a nightmare to focus with, and getting the NS8GPS out just to provide a mount was a little overkill :shock: I've now got a driven EQ mount though which should help.

Won't be trying today though :D :D (and where's the howling gale smilie??)

Helen

thanks for the tip Dave - I've got an atik IR blocker which I'll try next time. I'd love to get some images, but to date I've failed :lol: ALt Az was a nightmare to focus with, and getting the NS8GPS out just to provide a mount was a little overkill :shock: I've now got a driven EQ mount though which should help.

Won't be trying today though :D :D (and where's the howling gale smilie??)

Helen

I say where's the howling gale ? It is here in howling gale capital top of the hill next to Leeds its howling hailing pouring and freezing gale time here me dears :shock: :D

Archived