Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Uncontrolled Satellite Re-entry

Anubis

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope it lands on my president.

Nope, can't say that, so my ex-wife will do.

As I understand it, it's an old spy satellite, so NASA had little to do with it, once in orbit. You could sue the CIA if you like, but then they'd know more than you'd like them to know about you, so I'd just as soon put the pieces on the mantle or something. :shock:

I hope it lands on my president.

Nope, can't say that, so my ex-wife will do.

As I understand it, it's an old spy satellite, so NASA had little to do with it, once in orbit. You could sue the CIA if you like, but then they'd know more than you'd like them to know about you, so I'd just as soon put the pieces on the mantle or something. :shock:

whilst agreeing you can't say that we do all still agree with you anyway :shock: :D :D

Well at least NASA have the sense not to do what China did and blow it to smithereens in orbit! 3000 extra pieces of space junk for NORAD to look out for .... gee thanks China :D (hmmm I think that turned in to a rant :D)

Matt

Being observers etc you may find this site of interest re this particular satellite and its reentry and also for general interest :D . http://sattrackcam.blogspot.com/search/label/USA%20193 . Follow the links on the page to find out more on this guy and satellite work . Some great amateur astronomers over there in the Netherlands.

Len E

According to it's tracking it seems to cut diagonally across the UK, from above the Lakes downwards towards the Norfolk area.

So there may be a chance it might land or drop debris over the UK, probably somewhere remote knowing our luck such as the Yorkshire Moors or the Peak District.

In saying that, should anything survive, who's to say wind turbulence etc might not throw it off track.

Well I am not far from the Lake District, so Is there anything like Gold or Platinum on this thing that might survive re entry and fall into my garden. I don't want it to hit my Obsy, or fall into the fish pond, so that leaves a rather small target to aim for.

I can't win the lottery, but maybe the big golden finger is on board this, and is pointing this way. :D

With my luck, it will demolish the house.

Ron. :D

Archived