Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Zeiss Orthos

John

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would need a scope of tne same price to get the " great views "

Pat

You do need excellent seeing conditions to see "the difference" I found. On most nights the TMB Supermono performed exactly the same as a much less expensive University Optics HD ortho.

Seems a lot of interesting buys on there at ABS suddenly this month, 8mm Radian, NLVs ( tries not to bite an ignore some of these tempters ) but people must be getting depressed with the weather and all that.  :grin:

As much as that pentax 5mm is tempting if it could be bought alone for 200 if I had the cash ready,  a rather expensive first ortho to try experiment for me :grin:  Though most of the money could well be recouped selling on I guess, I heard great things about the pentax XOs. That being said, as great and rare as the XO may be, that money is getting awfully close to a new XW 7mm I'd rather have at this time anyway.

No I missed the Pentax XO's, not sure I would have gone for a pair, the 2.5mm is too short for me and for most people so would take time to move on.

John talks of excellent seeing conditions, I agree important to get the best from any top line eyepiece. Though even very good seeing is something that I have not seen much of for some time. The weather is being far from reasonable, with only to-night to run, February is the first time I can remember a month in single figures for clear nights, only 7. I don't imagine England has even managed that judging by the News I see here on television.

Alan

Exorbitant price, I'd reckon!

With rare or unavailable items the bottom line usually is ..... " I've got it, you want it."..... there is no emotion in money.

We all want to make a proffit, however, attitude by a seller can leave the purchaser with a sour feeling, which always

seems to linger.   :sad:

Archived