Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sorry, yet another Rosette Nebula.

Mike Hawtin

Hello all, yes nothing here that we've not seen before but this is my first crack at this subject and I must say I'm pretty pleased with the result.  When I first started taking narrow band through my HyperStar I soon became a bit disenchanted with the results, whatever I tried ended up looking far too neon and artificial.  However a couple of months ago I came across Kayron Mercieca's excellent tutorials ( http://lightvortexastronomy.blogspot.com/p/tutorials.html ) and decided to give NB another bash.  Of course the weather did the usual and held me back for quite a while but this week I managed to get some reasonable (ish) data and gave Kayrons Ha/OIII synthetic LRGB process a whirl.  Anyway enough rabbit,  here it is and I hope you like it.

Mike

get.jpg

That is absolutely fantastic - I've seen the sort of results you were referring to (artificial looking etc) and that put me off wanting to try nb 

It won't work that well with my OSC anyway but...

Looking at your shot the thing I really like is the luminous blue in the centre - that is really cool and must be a result of the nb channel?

Really well done 

David

Archived