NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What equipment have you got that's worth its weight in gold?

PeteC

My new AtronomiK CLS clip filter arrived yesterday. On taking it out of the jiffy bag, my first impression was so much money for something so small. I decided to weigh it - 5 grams. I paid £130 for it, so that's £26 per gram. I just checked the gold price and that's £25.30 at the moment. So my little filter is worth its weight in gold!

That got me thinking, is there any equipment out there that's even more expensive on a £ per gram basis? I thought maybe a CCD, but I just checked a 314L and that's not even close to my filter at less than £3 per gram. Anyone got anything else that's worth more than its weight in gold?

Pete

I think you're missing the OP's point here chaps, he's suggesting you weigh your item and compare its price to the same weight of gold.  :smiley:

Thanks Peter. We all have indispensable bits of kit that are "worth their weight in gold", but the Astronomik CLS actually cost me a bit more than its weight in gold and I was just wondering if there is anything even more expensive on a £ per gram basis that anyone owns. Just thinking about it, it's probably going to be some high end filter.

Archived