Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fordos' Observatory Build

Fordos Moon

I think my best move has been to get a Dob so i can look at the Stars while the stuff in the Obby does its thing, a lot of what you have mentioned has been on/in my improvement list, there still a lot more to do, but enjoying what we have comes first......:)

Now that is a good idea!! Going to get my 200P out and ready for next time!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sound all good now for you.

I painted the inside black which has helped with reflections. I also put an external handel on the roof to help with closing it.

The spiders are another thing - yuk. I still don't like them falling/crawling over me.

I too have my Dob right outside.

Happy times

Lee

Sound all good now for you.

I painted the inside black which has helped with reflections. I also put an external handel on the roof to help with closing it.

The spiders are another thing - yuk. I still don't like them falling/crawling over me.

I too have my Dob right outside.

Happy times

Lee

Hi Lee! I did think about painting the interior walls black but I have so much information scrawled all over the walls I would have to do it all again in white ink! ps - what focusser upgrade have you gone for and was it a good decision?!

I was lucky and found an old notice board in the skip at work, so all my notes are on laminated paper and pinned to it.

I can't remember the make of focuser but it was around the £100 - £120 mark with 1:10 fine focus. 

It was a major improvement on the OO factory one, but there is some noticeable movement which I must iron out.

Lee

I was lucky and found an old notice board in the skip at work, so all my notes are on laminated paper and pinned to it.

I can't remember the make of focuser but it was around the £100 - £120 mark with 1:10 fine focus. 

It was a major improvement on the OO factory one, but there is some noticeable movement which I must iron out.

Lee

I must look into it, although Im a bit nervous about taking things apart to fit it.

It really was easy to do, just make sure the scope is horizontal on the table and will not roll off. All I had to do was remove 4 bolts to the old one.

The only issue was the new one was low profile, which meant I needed an extension to gain focus on EP's,but no extension on DSLR.

Lee

I must look into it, although Im a bit nervous about taking things apart to fit it.

I brought a Moonlite CR2, very easy to fit, 4 screws attaches the base to the tube (old focuser holes) , then the focuser has allen screws to attach it to the base comes with a couple of spacers so gaining focus is easy......i use a Baader Click-lock as well...

20140816_1659101.jpg

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/moonlite-focusers/moonlite-cr-dual-rate-tri-knob-crayford-focuser-for-newtonians.html

Archived