SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Focuser upgrade

I am looking to replace the standard focuser that comes with the Skywatcher Startravel 6" refractor scope,  With a  Dual-Speed 2- 1/12 inch Crayford Focuser, 

Which Crayford focuser for refractors do you recommend & others are using that wont break the bank?

I do like the moonlight focuser but they come at a high price!,

What are other's using to replace there finder scope mount which doesn't seem to come attached with other focuser's  ?.

Ian.

I too am interested in upgrading my focuser, I have an Orion Optics UK scope and would like to change from the pack and pinion as I am finding it very difficult to get to that sweet spot for focusing. I don;t want to spend too much, OO do offer a focus mount but their cost is about double what the skywatcher one above is. Are there any other suggestions for a mount?

I have has loads hanging off my standard SW Dual Crayford on my 10" and it has never failed me even upside down and I always find focus with it, which is what I ask for from a focuser, anything else is just labels IMO of course.

Archived