Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M78

Sam

This image is another chapter in me learning how to use my QSI683wsg. I have to say I'm not too pleased with this image. I thought it would come out a little better but I guess there's simply not enough data. Anyway, it's worth building on in the event there are some more clear nights and it does increase my Messier image list by one. The image stats are:

Red: 25mins

Green: 25mins

Blue: 20mins

Lum: 25mins

5 minute exposures making a total of 1hr 35.

The telescope is a 250px on an EQ6. Processed in DSS and PixInsight.

post-1453-0-86093700-1390896277_thumb.jp

:)

Thanks Olly, I suspected that. It'll be one I chip away at for a few seasons I think given it's not dark here until 10:30pm at this time of the year and work precludes staying up too late. :)

Yep reckon you're being a bit hard on yourself there Sam - it's a very nice image of a target that's tough to capture.

As said above, I am sure more data and longer subs (if your skies can handle it) will make it even better but I think it's already a good image.

Archived