Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My latest lunar imaging scope.

SteelRat

Earlier today I took a pic of my Celestron Astromaster 76EQ newt;

3237_normal.jpeg

(click pic to make big)

It's a very light and easy to use lil' cutie and is the scope I used with my phone to take THIS lunar shot :D

I might motorise the CG2 (EQ1) if I spot a cheap drive unit but quite enjoyed manual tracking the other night :shock: I have some chunky 2" focus wheels lyin around n I'll put those on it for sure but that's about it. Nice cheap and cheerful scope.

Cheers

Matthew(SR)

Right, that's it, no more phone images!! :D You're putting us all to shame!!!

Fantastic result, its an amazing example of what can be achieved with a relatively inexpensive setup - it would make a great way for people to get started in astronomy! You should write an article about mobile phone imaging, I'm sure somebody would publish it and even if they didn't, I'm sure it would be very useful to beginners on here!

Thanks for sharing,

Grant

Heheheh, it's the same one John :D Will change the pic to a link.

Was just showin off my shiny new fleabay scope. Had a lot of fun with it the other night. And yup - It'll do nicely until I can get the Tal's out again. Was hopin to get FULL moon pic with it later but the weather lady says 'no' :lol:sigh

Heheheheh, not sure how many words I could write about my daft imaging Grant - nowadays children at school are being taught more advanced astro-imaging than this :D

Cheers folks

Matthew(SR)

Archived