NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Horsehead in Ha reduced C8 @ 1280FL

Ewan

That is looking like success. (Off topic, but how are you getting on with the C8?I am looking at that or the C9.25. Hard decision!)

The C8 is a nice scope that i dont regret purchasing, great for distant galxies & faint targets, could be a little quicker even @ F6.3 but if your guiding it should be ok.

Optics are good & it keeps collimation well, buy Bob's Knob's though.

I don't know much about the 9.25 but i think if i was looking now at the 9.25 or C8 i would probably go for the Edge HD 8" instead.

Nice horsey. Nice round stars too - very pleasing.

Thank you Spock :grin: , guiding played ball & it's meant to clear a bit tonight so will get back on it.

So would i Andy but the weather.....................well just doesn't want to play ball :mad:

Got my M82 SN last night, got Ha, L R & G then clouds rolled in so the skies owe me some Blue, just trying to coddle an image together with a synth Blue somehow :rolleyes:

Like i said before i am happy with the above but would love to finish it, it makes you appreciate just how technically amazing guiding any scope is !!!, think about it, you are just pointing a little tube at a very very small target light years away with pinpoint accuracy & can attain images with virtually no movement (not saying my pic is perfect btw), all relying on machined bits of gearing & PHD, to me it's a marvel & really gets you thinking.

Yes I didn't think the weather was going to be as bad as last year but it is.Agree the technology today is fantastic would not like to have to guide manually.The people behind phd have done a fantastic job and all credit to them for keeping the software free a big thanks for that

It's looking very good and gives us hope that our C8 will be used for more than just moon watching...

How long have you had your C8 ?

You will find it's quite a versitle scope, great for planets, lunar & solar but also for small targets & distant galaxies, the FR6.3 is a must, it keeps collimation (keep saying that :grin: ), cools pretty quick & is not that heavy.

I now just want a solar scope..........but which one to buy i just dont know.

We've only had it for a couple of months and it's our first scope, so still continuously learning. We had a bit of a downer on it over the past couple of days because we're mostly interested in DSO imaging now, but as you pointed out, we also found out that it can be good at capturing galaxies with a FR.

Good luck with hunting for a solution for imaging the sun. That sounds like an interesting thing to do, but for now it's something we'll have to push out of our minds because kitting ourselves out to do DSO imaging is making our bank manager very happy...

Archived