Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 2244: FL of Tak FSQ106N + ATIK 383L+

vdb

Fantastic image Yves.

I've just dipped my toe in the Atik World by buying the Titan. I know it's only a starter CCD, but I think it will be a major step up from my DSLR in terms of image size. I eventually want to dig deep and get the best CCD I can, but I am still very much a novice at AP.  It's images such as this that I find so inspiring.  :rolleyes:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just picked my jaw up off the floor - what stunning images! 

By the way - could someone explain what "micro contrast" is for me please?

Cheers

Steve (another Atik fan)

Small scale local contrasts? These are very important in DS imaging. They work like sharpening but on a somewhat larger scale, adding three dimensionality and detail not quite at the smallest scales but a little above them. Or that's how I'd use the term, though I tend to use 'local contrasts.' I saw an earlier version of Yves' image prior to his work on these small scale contrasts and there is much more life in the final one.

Olly

You're right, Rob, it was you - but I would never name anyone without permission!

When you say QHY do you mean QSI? (I often type these the wrong way round which is hard on QSI because there is quite a difference!)

Olly

Yes Olly....QSI, not QHY!!

Wonderful crisp image Yves.

I use SGPro and am very impressed with its versatility and functionality.  I've also just taken delivery of the Avalon Linear mount too - courtesy of Ian King.  You, Sara, Francis and Ian gave me the impetus I needed to upgrade: much more finesse than the NEQ6, although the belt mod did bring improvements (my tax return also helped!).  Just working on the Rosette myself now and practising my ascom pulse guiding.  The red of your Rosette matches the red of the mount, don't you think? LOL.

Barry

Archived