Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42

Sam

It was probably the wrong conditions, a bright moon and a norwester blowing right into the obs, but I really needed to get some bright subs onto my QSI683wsg so I can learn to use it. The target was M42 as it performs well against the moon. I took 60sec subs with 5 in RGB each and 10 in luminance. Though the lum didn't matter in the end as I forgot to combine it, so the image below is 15mins all up. There's no flats, darks or biases and the temp was set to -20. Processing was a steep and continuing learning curve. The telescope is a 250px.

post-1453-0-57782700-1389486576_thumb.jp

:)

Nice shot a difficult one to process due to its high dynamic range. Stars look like they are showing a little bit of trailing was it guided

Yeah it was guided, but the wind was quite strong so I rejected quite a few subs. My guiding does need quite a bit more work so the next clear night that'll be the main job. :)

Here's the image updated with the luminance data. That brings the total exposure up to 25mins, 5mins each of RGB and 10mins of luminance. I've learned quite a bit about processing and it's not too difficult, compared to what I thought it be like. :)

post-1453-0-01014200-1389597097_thumb.jp

Archived