NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn

DRT

I am relatively new to this game and for the past few months have concentrated most of my time on Jupiter, mainly because it is so easy to find and well-placed in the sky at convenient times. I know that Saturn is in the early morning sky but it always seems to be quite low so is not visible from my garden as it is always behind houses/trees and the morning air near us always seems to be hazy at that time of day.

When is the next time of year when Saturn will put on the kind of show that Jupiter has been doing in recent months?

Most of the apps available for smart phones or tablets allow you to enter a time and date or skip to a time of year that you want. I use STAR WALK on my iPhone and iPad to get an idea if what's about at what time throughout the year:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.nakedeyeplanets.com/saturn.htm

This links quite good.  Its a long long process, Jupiter is currently in Gemini, I just fast forward my Redshift software, and to put things in perspective, Saturn will enter Gemini at 19:03 & 26 seconds on July 21st 2032.  It will gain altitude bit by bit, night by night from now on so lets all stay tuned.  The software I have is set to Bristol UK.    

I just had a play on Stellarium and it looks like I need to find a dark hill in north Derbyshire with a clear southern view on a clear morning in the next three or four months.

Suggestions welcome :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived