Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Solar setup for warm weather

Nakedgun

I know, it's winter (here, anyway), but still wanted to show how I beat the heat when it is simply too hot to sit out under that glaring ball of gas without protection of some kind.

post-32655-0-62369400-1387955035_thumb.j

Does it get too hot where you observe?

Very clever idea, and a nice looking setup.

To answer your question, I've never had a problem with it being too hot to observe, although to be fair I've not tried on some of the hottest days we've had. Most of the time it's simply not an issue.

Happy Christmas anyway!

Stu

That's brilliant, lovely set-up :).

But in the UK, it's hot for a few days in summer, and the rest of the time it's either cloudy, raining, hailing or it's warm and sunny (on rare occasions ;)).

Often all those things at once!! :-)

Stu

• 2 weeks later...

That looks cool, David. I was okay this summer in the UK, I made do with a white hat, sunglasses and suntan lotion. The main thing I had to remember was to cover up my arms, as I burn easily.

Is the Sun staying reasonably high in the sky for you over winter? It doesn't hang about too long where I am before dipping behind rooftops at the moment. :eek:

That looks cool, David. I was okay this summer in the UK, I made do with a white hat, sunglasses and suntan lotion. The main thing I had to remember was to cover up my arms, as I burn easily.

Is the Sun staying reasonably high in the sky for you over winter? It doesn't hang about too long where I am before dipping behind rooftops at the moment. :eek:

Luke,

I'm at 33 degrees N, so it stays high enough for lengthy observing throughout our local Winter, here.

Archived