Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HEQ5 backlash

lensman57

Hi,

Does anyone know hto reduce the backlash in the drive train of an HEQ5 Pro? Mine has started showing excessive backlash and in some orientations the gear train  do not seem to be engaging, it slips with a clunky sound .

Many Thanks,

A.G

As Mel's guide, there are those hex screws to adjust the meshing of the final worm drives. 

For me, it proved much simpler. Beneath the rubber caps are those "collars" which stop the

shaft with the worm gear slopping from side to side. One of mine had simply worked loose!  

Frankly I wish I'd checked that ages ago - Instead of putting up with it...  :rolleyes2:

maybe get the belt mod kit that's available which is excellent and IMO how it should arrive new. I will be buying it straight off when I get my heq5. Keeps the correct ratio too.

I already have placed an  order for the " upgrade " this however does not sort out the problem with the none engaging  worm gear set.

A.G

• 3 weeks later...

Archived