Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn -12/01/08

LaVey

Been up since 4 this mornin.. and what a great time ive had!!

Got my best image of saturn yet..

saturn_120108.jpg

Also one with the moons, very over exposed (gamma raised in registax) to bring out the moons...

saturn_moons.jpg

Any ideas on how to bring up the brightness of the moons without burning out the planet?

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself. You certainly got a result. :D The weather here was useless last night.

Re the moon thing...If you have Photoshop a quick fix is to isolate the area of the moon with the lasso tool and bring up the brightness without affecting the rest of the picture.

Cheers

CW

Had a play with 'moons' image in inverted mode using Photoshop and I'm pretty sure there are four moons showing,possibly five. Without knowing the the time that the image was taken it is difficult to be certain. Anyway,I reorintated the image by guesswork and from left to right I think you have Rhea,Enceladus,Tethys or Dione and Titan.

Cheers

CW

(click to enlarge a bit)

wow cw.. that came from my moons pic?? will have to go back and have a play in ps.. what did you do to get it like that?

thanks for the offer of your time Kev, its really appreciated!! think i'm gonna be cool for the mo (but watch this space .. lol). I think it might be good to get together sometime tho, grab a beer and chinwag, would love to have a look thru the 9 1/4 :D

edit>> the pics were taken this morning between 5 and 7 ish..

Archived