Nagler 17mm type 4 eyecup

moriniboy

You can remove the top of the eyepiece and squeeze the metal ring that creates the click stops a bit so it makes the stops a bit firmer. The lower part of the top section unscrews to allow you to do this. On the more recent versions of the T4 there is a ring of soft friction material inside this lower section of the body that also adds a bit of "sticktion" to the click stop movement and I guess you could add to that. I have even heard of folks drilling the upperbody of the eyepiece and adding a nylon set screw to hold it at one point - seems a bit drastic to me !

My radians are the same if it's any consolation - I just remember that two stops down from the top is "my" position.

Need to lock it in position (3 clicks up), does anyone know a good way to do this that does not involve glue.

Thanks

The TeleVue Nagler type 4 and Radian both share the same type of click stop eyeguard.  I've sorted the ones on my Radians, as they were all too slack.  Not a hard job, just a bit fiddly.

Here's how  - http://www.televue.com/engine/TV3b_page.asp?return=Advice&id=100#.UrdpW9JdWr8 

Regards, Ed.

The TeleVue Nagler type 4 and Radian both share the same type of click stop eyeguard.  I've sorted the ones on my Radians, as they were all too slack.  Not a hard job, just a bit fiddly.

Here's how  - http://www.televue.com/engine/TV3b_page.asp?return=Advice&id=100#.UrdpW9JdWr8 

Regards, Ed.

Thats the instructions that I was trying to give. Tele Vue do it so much better though  :smiley:

Considering these are some of the most expensive eyepieces on the market, it should be better.

My 4mm and 5mm are fine but the new 3mm is awful, I had a 10mm which was the same. To be fair though there is not much you can fault Televue on, goes to show they too are human.

Alan

My 4mm and 3mm Radians are not too bad in this respect but the "Instajust" feature has been a bit of a "bovril" feature since TV introduced it - you either like it or hate it. It sounds like this is an area that the Delos design improves on quite a bit with it's twist lock approach.

Archived