NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sky Safari Pro - half price!

lukebl

Just been notified that the best iPad app, Sky Safari Pro, has been updated to version 4 and is out at half price for a short while: £13.99.

I've been using the previous version for ages, and it really can't be beaten for its level of detail and information. Looking forward to trying out the new version. BTW, I have no connection with the developer!

Bit cheeky that you have to buy this (if you want it, of course) after having spent $50 on Sky Safari Pro. Would have thought it being provided as an update would have been a little more appropriate?!

I'm inclined to agree with you there! As a huge fan of the app, I was expecting something new and very special so I shelled out for it, but version 4 doesn't seem much different from the previous one! Still a faultless app, though, and worth getting for half price if you don't already have it. If you already have ver 3 then, yes, version 4 doesn't seem worth paying extra for!

Surely they should offer it free for customers who already spent £20 or so on version 3. Seems very harsh even with the discount offer

Surely they should, but even MORE surely, they do not! Bit rich, don't you think!!

they offer free minor updates (3.x - > 3.x, 4.x->4.x), not major releases.

to be fair they are a small outfit with a finite userbase, they need to keep money coming in - they most likely saturate market after couple of months - hence most likely need a renewed revenue stream..... ive always upgraded soon after release to get discounted price :)

They've just been taken over by company that make starry night...will be interesting to see future developments.

Archived