NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Patrick Moore - eBay

melsky

I'm not surprised you feel uncomfortable about this item. I'm afraid I'd want a detailed traceable provenance for each and every item along with irrefutable proof of the "claimed" relationship with Sir P. 

It wouldn't surprise me if I discovered the seller to be an ex con living somewhere within a few miles of Farthings. At best it has to be gross exaggeration and, at worst, a total fabrication. Maybe I'm a bit cynical but I sense a right proper scam....

Thought it would have been easier to sell as individual lots, otherwise it has to go to another retailer/bookshop. Going to be very limited number people that want 365 Moon Maps and 288 Mars Maps. Assuming genuine they may have sold a good number if they had started say 2-3 months back.

I would possibly have considered 2 Moon maps for a reason if reasonable cost, but not 365 of them.

If they have been individually advertised then they would appear to not have sold, which would I guess send warning signs to any other prospective retailer.

Suspect that getting a stand at Astrofest and selling there would have been a better idea. Still not sure I would pay £25 for a moon map anyway.

Looking at the guy's feedback, he's been selling signed Patrick Moore memorabilia since as far back as 2008 so at least he hasn't just been holding on to all this stuff and just waiting for him to die like a lot of collectors would.

This is clearly this guy's business and I can't hold that against him.  

It looks like he's dumping the last of his stock to me anyway.  Maybe he's busy trying to make friends with Chris Lintott.

Archived