Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC891 LRGB

MikeD

Hi all

I forgot I hadn't processed this this data set. :rolleyes2:

Taken on the night s of the 4th, 6th and 9th of October through my 10"  newt and SXVFH9

L = 54   @ 600 seconds

R =   8  @ 600 seconds

G = 12  @ 240 seconds

B =   8   @ 345 seconds

Thanks for looking.

Mike.

gallery_730_1107_593816.jpg

Thanks Steve.

Yes it is. a great cam.

Astro has taken a bit of a back seat for a while but there is nothing like thoughts of  xmas presents  to rekindle your interest. :grin:

I am thinking it's time to dive into full colour narrowband with a Oiii and SII to go with the Ha filter. :afro:

Mike

I am thinking it's time to dive into full colour narrowband with a Oiii and SII to go with the Ha filter.

SII can be quite elusive but vital for Hubble Palette images. OIII is great stuff and very powerful bi-colour images (with Ha) make adding it to your equipment list a good idea. Filters and a filter wheel will even fit in a Standard British Stocking :grin: :grin:

Thanks again guys.

54 x 600s L's ????  Gee, thats a lot of data!  A nice result though.

Thanks.

For me the key to a good image is lots of time at the scope, which means a lot less time processing as noise is not an issue, even when pushing the data hard. :wink:

Mike.

Archived