NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lovely Sight After Storms

ultramol

When dropping my grandkids off at football tonight the clouds parted briefly to reveal a crescent moon bathed in earthshine, with venus sparkling at its side. My grandkids thought it fantastic but then the clouds covered them again just as quick. Nothing for me is more enigmatic than a crescent moon that is covered in the light from its parent planet. :icon_santa:

I had one of those moments last night too, was lovely to see the moon with venus underneath as the clouds rolled by,

quickly got the phone out to take a few pics, unfortunatly, a phone camera is never the best to get great results...oh well! was a very nice view though.

Bungielad.

From Tenerife where the Moon is a lot higher, the "earthshine" (reflected sunlight from the Earth), is more clearly seen. The Maria and the more prominent craters such as Plato and Tycho are obvious in 100mm binoculars at 25x.  :smiley:

yea have to say it looks nice, was just a quick look as i was moving things out the yard as the water was coming close to us last night lol

Hope the water missed you . I told my worried grandkids we were ok here only for the news then to show submerged cars 10 miles away from us..!!!

Archived