Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cdc and EQMOD have stopped talking

Demonperformer

EQMOD will talk directly to the mount (ask it to slew from the EQMOD screen and it does)

However, CdC and EQMOD have stopped talking to each other.

I have attached three screen prints showing everything I can think might be affecting this problem (including my first thought of wrong com port), but I cannot see what is not set up correctly.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

(Edit: Images deleted by Bizibilder - At the request of demonperformer)

I often have this problem, particularly when connecting an atik camera (through ascom) for use with Astrototilla.  I have found it best to connect the mount through Carte du Ciel, unpark, then disconnect the mount.  Then I connect camera and mount to Astrotorilla, then reconnect to CdC.  This usually works, although sometimes I get a total stoppage in which case the only solution is to switch everything off and reboot the computer.

I don't suppose this helps - just to let you know you are not alone with these software problems.

Chris

I always start CdC first.  Then go to telescope and connect and EQmod fires up and it just works.  Its that simple.  Does EQmod automatically find your mount on Com7 if you let it search for it?  That would prove the EQMod/proflifc setup and eliminate CdC from the equation completely.

Sorry, probably not helping you with that.

I always start CdC first.  Then go to telescope and connect and EQmod fires up and it just works.  Its that simple.  

Indeed it is.  But then when I connect the (ASCOM) camera, sometimes then CdC (on which I show the camera FoV) refuses to co-operate, the FoV reticule disappears and I lose control of the mount.  This maybe some sort of hardware interrupt to do with the two ASCOM devices.  I don't know because it happens from time to time.  I always follow a strict order of connection for everything - the order which experience has shown causes the least problems.  It could also be because I am running everything through windows XP as a virtual machine on a Mac.

Sorry, Demonperformer - I didn't mean to hijack your thread!

Chris

Hi DP,

What happens if anything when you click on the Connect button in the CdC ASCOM Telescope Interface window? Does the square next to it remain red and did you get any kind of error message? 

I presume from the wording of your post that it has been working OK in the past?

Yes, Mike, it has worked previously, but I only used it a couple of times before getting totally frustrated with the mount on the tripod (long story discussed at great length elsewhere!) and it was a while ago.

However, your mention of a connect button on the ASCOM telescope interface turning green rings a resounding bell.  But the interface screen I have got (picture 1 above) does not display a connect button.  I obtained this through Telescope|control panel.  Please remind me where I find the screen with the connect button on it.

Thanks.

Make the control panel box bigger - then you will see it!  

As above, thanks for doing that Roger :smile:.  if all is well you should see the red square turn green and also the grey dot below the scope on the Control Panel tool bar button icon will also go green to show that you're connected to the scope when using CdC.

Archived