Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun In White Light 30-11-2013. 13:15

Steve Ward

Yet another "grab what you can" kind of day here , very frustrating having to watch the big blue bit drift by a couple of miles away on Sat24 ...  :rolleyes:

Seventeen grubby ones stacked umpteen times ...

Looking forward to a play next week , just ordered a wedge from 365Astronomy  ....  :laugh:

P30-11-13_zpsa4777e72.png

1000D + ED80Pro + ND3.8 + 1.8 x Barlow + OIII.

1/200s @ ISO 200 , 17/17 , Reg 5.1 , Gimp 2.8.

Day by day album . . . http://www.astrobin.com/users/steveward53/

It's the cheapy Scopium one from Zoltan at 365Astro.

Down from a very reasonable looking £138.00 to an even more reasonable looking £129.00 ...  :laugh:

http://www.365astronomy.com/scopium-white-light-herschel-wedge-solar-wedge-with-integrated-nd30-filter-red-radiator-p-3535.html

The Lunt ones are £300ish and the Baader ones £400ish  ... we shall see how it performs ...  :p

Yes, I've looked at the Baader ones and thought "Ooh, that looks nice, but it doesn't look £400 nice at the moment" :)

I'd have to swap to the ST120 or ED80 for a wedge though, so it would mean much rethinking.

James

Nice shot Steve, good luck with the wedge as well, they are a whole lot less hassle than a front mounted filter.  I take it you have gone for a 2"?

It was fairly clear up here until about 12 o'clock when cloud came across, I got white lights and then set up for Ha, just started my first run as a thick blanket of cloud rolled in, typical.

Robin

Very sweet capture, Steve.

When I took my one and only movie today in h-a, I had no idea there was a massive prom at the time, but I did think how beautiful the spots looked in h-a, what a beauty of a disc in white light today :cool:

Archived