NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sun In White Light 22-11-2013. 10:15

Steve Ward

Clear crisp morning here , fair seeing but a nasty biting wind still ....  :p

Shot three sets for the disc then some video in EOSMovieRec for the close-ups , used just 28 for the disc and 60/300 each for the zooms , drizzled a tad in Reg6.

P22-11-13_zps3f331a96.png

PCloseTR_zps1b5d9d5f.png

PCloseC_zpsa978de8a.png

PCloseR_zpsd6c6759e.png

PCloseBL_zps4a45710f.png

1000D + ED80Pro + ND3.8 + 1.8 x Barlow + OIII.

1/500s @ ISO 200 , 28/300 , Reg 5.1 , Gimp 2.8.

Day by day album . . . http://www.astrobin.com/users/steveward53/

Very nice Steve, amazing clear and still up here from around 11am onwards, but guess who left his scopes at home after taking them out of the boot of the car yesterday to get 5 bags of pea gravel in the boot?

Yes it was I.  Hope it is clear tomorrow for one last look at AR1899.

Robin

Yes typical isn't it.  And guess what after looking out of my office window at blue sky, there is now cloud on the horizon just to spoil any night time activities as well.  Might as well give up now, that or go back to keeping my solar scope in my office through the week.

Robin

Good work, Steve, just look at that magnificent spot :smiley: I wonder if I had my last view of it today. I won't be forgetting this one any time soon :laugh:

Robin, that was hard luck, typical that it didn't happen on a rainy day. Hope you get a lucky break tomorrow.

Archived