Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bill Gates - not all bad

ian_d

Expected to see its "first light" in 2014, the 8.4-meter LSST will survey the entire visible sky deeply in multiple colors every week with its 3 billion-pixel digital camera

and

Every 15 seconds it will take an image seven times the diameter of the moon, adding up, every three days, to a full panorama of the heavens

Holy cow!

(And I bet it wont make POTW :D)

The camera's 15 second exposure should be long enough to record images of even very faint objects such as asteroids and so-called near-Earth objects

15 seconds? Pfft. My Canon Powershot does 15 seconds!!

Tony..

The camera's 15 second exposure should be long enough to record images of even very faint objects such as asteroids and so-called near-Earth objects

15 seconds? Pfft. My Canon Powershot does 15 seconds!!

Tony..

My SPC 900NC will do 20 secs without too much amp glow - I wonder if they want to swap?

30 terabytes of information available over the internet!!! I think I'm going to have my broadband speed increased a bit.

I wonder how long it will take for pipex to declare me persona non grata after trying to keep up with that data flow :D

--

Martyn

Archived