Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Washed out skies.

cotterless45

I tried for this globular cluster from home a while ago now and couldn't find it with my 200pds newt.

Thought I was looking in the wrong place but was bang on with the star chart Nick so will have to revisit it and try again?

I was up in Gemini last night but the seeing conditions were so poor and the dew so thick I threw the towel in and just went for a viewing session on Jupiter which was really clear.

Will try again soon

It's a bit of a maze looking at books on Dso viewing. There's not many sources for the light polluted sky sufferer.

Too true. I'm hoping to start a blog about urban astronomy myself soon. Dark sites are all very well but there's no need to despair if you can't get to one! Think the Intergalactic Wanderer might be out of the range of my little 'scope though!

DD

I think that is a good point. Perhaps SGL ought to consider adopting an additional feature under the Observing section. Not sure what it should be titled? Observing - Home maybe. Whilst many of us attempt to venture to dark skies, most including myself, for lots of reasons, will make the most of our back yards and gardens come what may, so a dedicated featured section would provide, I am sure, lots of useful, informative and problem sharing topics.

I think that is a good point. Perhaps SGL ought to consider adopting an additional feature under the Observing section. Not sure what it should be titled? Observing - Home maybe. Whilst many of us attempt to venture to dark skies, most including myself, for lots of reasons, will make the most of our back yards and gardens come what may, so a dedicated featured section would provide, I am sure, lots of useful, informative and problem sharing topics.

I think that is a good suggestion you should post in the suggestions section :). It's certainly something I'd like to see, and probably use frequently too.

Archived