SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Samsung scb2000 colour problem

Ant F

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ant

You might want to check the Day/Night setting - if you want colour Astro images, then best to set it to COLOR and not Auto.

If you have removed the IR filter then the daylight white balance will be off - you can adjust this by pointing the camera at a terrestrial scene and adjusting the levels until the image "looks right".

Note that plants tend to give off quite a bit of IR light so look strange even when you adjust the white balance unless you have an IR filter fitted.

What are you viewing the video on -

1. TV with video input - make sure the TV has the colour turned on.

2. PC with a capture card - make sure that the video standard is set correctly - PAL or NTSC depending upon your camera.

Hope this helps

Paul

I agree Paul. It sounds like a Day/Night setting.

Yes, Taking out the IR filter makes trees look like they are glowing!  :grin:

I have found it hard to set white balance in daylight or inside a lit house.

I found it more successful to wait until night. Set the Day/Night setting  to 'DAY', go to an object that has obvious colours like M42, or bi-colour Binary Stars that you know the colours of and adjust till it matches what M42 or the Binary should look like.

Even after this you will find that you will fiddle with White balance, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, and Hue on almost all objects. Just to make them 'Look right'.

its strange because i did that just now and i only get black and white colour, or is it called monocron ??

i tried everything but if i pull the video cable from the back i get red and blue colour show up on screen. im useing a capture card and im using my laptop. 

what i will do is record tonight and go through the settings and post the video on youtube then put a link here. i just thought it was strange how when i bought it i had great colour and the moon looked brilliant through it. then i did the ir mod and bam it went away. 

i point it at red things and yellow things but no colours show up.

hi guys, i took it apart and rebuilt it and everythings ok, i changed the rca cable because i thought it was that but it wasnt, i also changed the white balance from 0 0 to 900 900 and also 250 250 and other combos but nothing

got it sorted, i was using some card that you can transfer vhs to laptop and i think its died. i replaced it with my ebay easyCap and i have colour now. bit grainy tho but im sure i can sort that out :D  cheers for the feedback guys. now i only need a clear night to get my new cg5 mount in action and my scb2000 attached to it :D 

Sounds like your video grabber is set for the wrong system (NTSC or PAL).  Please check that the system matches the camera.  If you have a PAL camera and the video grabber is set to NTSC, you will not get color sync. This would explain why you TV gets good color but not the computer.

Regards!

Archived