NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Samsung scb2000 colour problem

Ant F

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only galaxy i get is the chocolate one..lol..davy

Sorry davy but I didn't understand your post.

So I Googled 'Chocolate Galaxy' to see what you were on about.

No wonder I didn't get your joke, Google says it's a Chocolate bar sold in India, Ireland, the Middle east, the Untied Kingdom and the Isle of Man.

http://www.chocablog.com/reviews/galaxy-cookie-crumble/

We don't get it here  :grin:  I thought you had lost your marbles  :grin:  :grin:

Ahhh, sounds like you don't have the Nosepiece!

It is a hollow adaptor that screws to the front of the camera and slides into the focuser.

here's one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/C-mount-video-camera-telescope-adaptor-1-25-fit-/130574187212

Ant, when you buy one make sure it has a thread at the open end so you can attach filters.

Not all retailers sell them with threads.

i dont get light pollution where i am to be honest. ok if i aim north i get some lights from birmingham and south is oxford but if i stay away from those areas its great.  so i need to plan what im going for in advance so i know i can aim east and west without any light pollution :D

its clearing up a bit as i can see the moon.  will it be safe to leave my cg5 mount and scope in my shed? damp wont hurt it will it? its just i dont want to keep taking it out every night, its quite some weight 

i dont get light pollution where i am to be honest. ok if i aim north i get some lights from birmingham and south is oxford but if i stay away from those areas its great.  so i need to plan what im going for in advance so i know i can aim east and west without any light pollution :D

its clearing up a bit as i can see the moon.  will it be safe to leave my cg5 mount and scope in my shed? damp wont hurt it will it? its just i dont want to keep taking it out every night, its quite some weight 

Hi Ant thats a question for the "Disscussions mounts" section I think :smiley: 

Carl 

Ant, I don't know how brave you feel about leaving your mount outside, but I leave my mount outside all year. Have had mine outside for about 7 years now, and it still works fine.

I cover the mount with a towel, then I cover that with a plastic bag, then I cover the whole mount and tripod with a plastic tarp and tie it around with a bit of rope.

I also make sure that I spray Surface Spray insecticide on the tripod legs and the head about every 3 months. Keeps the bugs and spiders out.

But if you might get visitors of the unwanted type, it may not be safe to leave it set up all the time.

Damp doesn't seem to hurt most mounts as they are designed to be operated out in heavy dew at night.

Archived