Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

W/C 4th November

swamp thing

Hobsey, Optical Dob and myself made it up there last night. Sky was pretty good,possibly a little better than last week. Hobsey managed to bag Uranus, Neptune and Jupiter in his mak. Finally had to call a halt at about 11pm as cloud was coming in.

I will be giving that ago at some point but its actually the OTA that shakes as it is only support on one side. If it had a fork mount like some of the Meade ones that is supported on both sides it would eliminate the shaking.

I'm hoping that once I have mounted the ST80 on top of it, the extra weight will help.

Good to see you last night looked  very clear. Thanks Alan for pointing out all those Objects, M15 & the garnet star were the highlights for me. Thats a great  scope you have Anthony, so much power from such a small tube. It can get very windy up there, some people hang weights from the centre of the tripod from the eyepiece holder.

Archived