Wife books holiday with nelm of >6 by accident

mdstuart

My wife booked us a cottage near Bude.

Tried to go for a walk last night and could not get out of the driveway as it was so dark..

Looking up I can confirm the Milky Way does look like a cloud.

Stunning. Managed to spot a mag 6 star.

So what should I try visually? M33? SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

I have a 90mm refractor with me so I need a few challenges for that as well.

Mark

So all those who say wives and astronomy do not mix are wrong again!

Heart and Soul nebula mag 6.5 but you will see it from where you are! :)

BTW Mark, is it clear there at the moment? I'm torn between staying on the south coast or heading to Bodmin moor, looking west from my house it looks a little cloudy.

Andrew

Patchy cloud at the moment here. My reading of the weather is that west is less likely to have clear slots so I would say stay south..

The cloud does follow me..I am sure of it!

Mark

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

The double cluster was bright and obvious here last night. I tried hard with M33 visually but no good even with av. M33 was bright in my 30mm finder though. I think the NELM was 6.0 as I could not spot some target 6.3 stars.

As a galaxy hunter I went for a few brighter galaxies in my 90mm frac. Ngc 6946 and the cluster in Cephas were obvious..ngc 2841 was lovely in the plough. Ngc 6503 was an easy spot in Draco. Tried a tougher one Ngc7332 in Pegasus. This was relatively hard as its smaller but still was visible without the use of av. looking at cdc i was getting to about mag12.5 stars with the 90mm lens.

Just stunning to gaze at the biggest galaxy of all..the milky way.

Mark

Archived