Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

which cable? connecting a HitecAstro Dew controller to a Atik CCD

Hi, I have recently bought an Atik Titan mono and have ordered an HitecAstro dew controller which includes 2 x 12v regulated power outputs. I'm hoping to both power a couple of dew straps and my Atik from this but the power cable for the Atik is a male cig type and the output for the dew controller states that it is 2.1mm so I will need a new cable by the looks of things.

I've done a search but I'm not sure I'm looking at the correct type of cables so if anyone has this kind of setup and can kindly advice me or recommend a cable I would be very greatful!

Cheers

Chris

Oh, I see it's a new feature (unrelated to the dew controller per we). Probably need a 2.1 to 2.1 cable. I'm sure FLO will tell you and can probably supply the cable.

Hi Dmahon, yes indeed its a seperate thing to the dew control, sounds great doesn't it accept the cable issue. I thought I would strap the dew controller to my pier and run as much as I could from it like a mini power hub so it would keep cables running away from the pier to a minimum. All the cables I've found on the net seem to be male to female, not one single 2.1mm male to male :( I found this though:

http://www.cameras-cctv.com/PSU_Power_Supplies/2807?gclid=CNHcuIvsqLoCFXMRtAode1EAJw

I thought about cutting the cigar connector off and connecting this through a connecting block but I'm not condifent that I would get the polarity correct, if I accidentally make it tip negative I could be smelling smoke coming from my Atik :o.

I contacted FLO earlier and asked about a cable and Martin although a legend couldn't help me on this particular occasion.

Chris

EDIT: I even got the polarity wrong on the word confident :D

Hi Chris,

PM me a couple of pics of what connector you need to go from and too and how long you need the cable and I shall make you one at cost.

Cheers,

Tim

Hey Tim, how you getting on with the Dob? :) Thanks for the offer thats great! I'll send some pics and links to try and explain what I need :)

Thanks

Chris

I have emailed HitecAstro to see if they can tell me if the 2.1mm connection on the Dew controller is male or female because I'm not 100% sure until it arrives. I've also found this which might possibly work depending on the answer, although its a bit on the long side:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PK-Green-Power-Extension-Cable/dp/B004LA3FFM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_5#productDescription

Hey guys thanks for the responses :) I've had a reply from HitecAstro already! what a service! they comfirm that its a male 2.1mm plug needed jnc as its a female socket so I'm fairly sure this should do the trick:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PK-Green-Power-Extension-Cable/dp/B004LA3FFM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_5#productDescription

What do you guys think?

Chris

Hey guys thanks for the responses :) I've had a reply from HitecAstro already! what a service! they comfirm that its a male 2.1mm plug needed jnc as its a female socket so I'm fairly sure this should do the trick:

What do you guys think?

Chris

Looks right Chris. The Titan draws ~0.55A according to the specs so will do you fine.

Thanks Space_d, thats re-assuring :)

Jnc- Thanks for the link, it didn't come up with a pic initially so I copy and pasted the product details back into UK ebay and that seemed to work? Looks like the one on my link but shorter (1m) which is what I wanted so I've ordered it! :)

Hopefully thats everthing sorted, thanks for eveyones help and I'll post when hopefully its all up and running :)

Chris

Archived