NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

if you had the cash what scope would you buy

shirva

Well what do you know I had the money a few days ago and the scope I got was.....

I have purchased my Astro Imaging gear which includes a CGEM DX 11" EdgeHD, ADM "D" Series C11 Dovetail Plate, Used Celestron 80mm Guide Scope, Starlight Express Loadstar Autoguider, AC Adapter, Farpoint Bahtinov Mask, Astronomik 1.25" CLS-CCD (no IR) filter, UV filter, Astrozap Dew heater with flexi heat, Canon EOS T-Adapter, Telrad Finder, A used Mallincam Hyper Plus (Will upgrade to Extreme x2 class 0 later after I learn on this one and am ready to improve), Celestron SkySync GPS Accessory, a Scope buggy, and a ipad Air. I want a LUNT solar Scope  but that will have to wait. I also need to order a MFR-5 focal reducer. Have I forgotten anything? LOL

Should all arrive on Friday WOOHOO.

What a very nice setup Ed and I am very happy for you. I am really looking forward to your first light experience with this new astro gear. I am sure Andy will be ready to help you out esp. with the MCHP camera. I would say that the MFR-5 would go very well in reducing the edge and consider getting a couple of spacers. Maybe Andy has a 5 & 10 mm spacer for you to try out before you go and buy them?

Congratulations on your  new astronomy setup!

Chris A

Astrogate

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have used and looked thru a lot of scopes up to 36". Dream scopes for me used to be a scope as large as possible so I could see all the detail I could and expand the numbers of objects available to me. That was when I was focused more on visual astronomy. Now that astrovideo has come along I don't harken after those big Dobs any longer. After getting a Mallincam I sold my two big dobs (and CCD cameras too) as I didn't need a giant scope to see the details any longer and now they are in color to boot. I now dream of a superaccurate mount and a C14. After seeing what our club C14 is capable of doing with astrovideo cameras you would have to spend a lot of $ to surpass it. The accessory list is endless and you can use Hyperstar to get F2.1. That can't be done with an RC at least yet. ....Dwight

The scope i want doesnt exist perfect ca etc 100mm objective 100mm focal length with matched eyepiece giving 4x magnification

Interesting scope but 100 ÷ 4 = 25mm exit pupil somewhat larger than my terrestrial eyes - are you telling us something Mr Alien ? :-)

Archived