NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lots to see this month

JamesF

In the event that the cloud clears before I chew my own ears off with frustration...

A whole pile of double shadow transits of Jupiter by Galilean moons, plus a triple transit in the early hours of 12th, the Draconid meteor shower, the Orionid meteor shower, a penumbral lunar eclipse.

The opportunity is there for it to be an interesting month, at least.

James

I don't know what the statistics say but in my mind October in the UK is synonymous with mild temperatures, coastal storms and blanket cloud.

That said, on this day 2 years ago it was 30 degrees outside without a cloud in the sky so there's always hope.

Given the last month, clear sky is something that only seems to be discussed in hushed tones by people from far-off lands these days.  The cloud has been so low for the last three days that we've been pretty much permanently inside it.  If I had time to think about it I'd be crawling the walls.

James

That said, on this day 2 years ago it was 30 degrees outside without a cloud in the sky so there's always hope.

I remember that day vividly!

I'd finished removing an old chimney and patching the roof in the afternoon, then we sat in the garden at 8pm for a barbecue, lol.

After finishing and tidying away we laid on the trampoline looking at the sky for almost an hour.

I can't see that happening again anytime soon.

Archived