NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

International Space Station

NIGHTBOY

Yes it's easy to spot with naked eye... A bright "star" travelling roughly W to E before fading away. To spot it you can use a number of smart phone apps or websites. I used to use www.heavens-above.com which gives the times for lots of different satellites etc but now I use phone apps!!

Anyway the ISS is visible tomorrow at 05:00 for 2 mins and again at 06:33 for 4 mins. (Cloud permitting!)

2 good passes tonight , about 01:45 and 03:20 for highest points , appearing a few mins earlier in the West 

To show it in Stellarium click on the "Satellite" symbol on the bottom menu bar , shown here under the 12fps.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Passes shown here 

attachicon.gifstellarium-001.png

attachicon.gifstellarium-002.png

Just updated the satellite data on satellite safari, you're correct the second pass is at 0145 not 0150

Check with heavens-above to see which passes will actually be visible, not all the night times ones are. Stellarium will show the path of the ISS but not if the station will be visible to the naked eye

Yes you're right, I've just looked in the ISS description on sky safari, the 0145 one isn't visible, the one around 0320 and 0500 is. Apologies for being misleading and a doughnut.

Archived