SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Joining astronomy club (finally)

Have decided to join my local association (Hebden Bridge Astronomy Society) .  http://www.hbas.org.uk/

Have been deliberating for a very long time, but have been in touch (via e mail) with one of their main members about it. It is only 8/9 miles away from where I live and will be great to actually meet likeminded people and discuss things with them.

Looking at their schedule of speakers there seems to be some excellent talks to look forward to.

I thus far have felt like "Billy No Mates" stood in my back garden on my own with the occasional visit from my wife asking if I want a cuppa.

Should be good.....

I too took the plunge and after a visit to the local club's meet in the Biergarten,

joined.

First viewings at the club's observatory are 27th Sept & 4th Oct with trips to a dark sky location on 28th Sept and 5th. Oct.

Hopefully out of those 4 dates there will be at least one with half way decent viewing!

Kind regards

Roger

I kind of like the Billy no mates syndrome to be honest......no one getting in my way, sit and have a couple of beers, kids in bed, the misses to interested in tv to want to bother me and taking everything in my own stride, all this to me equals.......class!

Bungielad.

I kind of like the Billy no mates syndrome to be honest......no one getting in my way, sit and have a couple of beers, kids in bed, the misses to interested in tv to want to bother me and taking everything in my own stride, all this to me equals.......class!

Bungielad.

If I'm honest, I quite like it too.  Perhaps when I'm old and (more) cranky I shall become a hermit.  If I can find a cave with power and internet access I'm sure that would suit me fine.  Cave with a roll-off roof, perhaps?

James

Archived